Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Maintenance

Home ownership is a project-in-the-works (never-ending maintenance). I am hoping to start a habit of putting a certain amount of money into the maintenance or improvement of our house every month. For awhile it will not be very much, and will all be for maintenance. There is a leak under the kitchen sink that has been a problem for a long time. I have fixed it over and over again, which means it has never actually been fixed. Now the board under the leak has rotted and has to be replaced. I bought a board to fix it, but got frustrated because I couldn't get it under the pipes. That has been awhile, I wonder where the board is; I sort of remember giving it away. Maybe I should go look for it...................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hire Somebody. Wait...Hire Somebody Who Is Not Named Stevie.

S said...

Wait til I get out there and then Dad and I can have another Daddy/Daughter fix it project. By the way, still loving my power tools! I have another drawer that needs fixed. Jacob was the lucky winner to pop off the front of a drawer that has been threatening to break for a while. Now I have to fix it so we can keep our silverware clean and out of such easy reach of Jacob the "I love to carry around and throw on the ground all the shiney silverware" boy.

Laura said...

ugh - the neverending battle - like laundry, dishes, and a hundred other things you tackle but yet....are never DONE with =)