Thursday, April 30, 2009

Swine Flu

I was somewhat amused by the news when it was announced that American pork was being rejected by other countries because of Swine Flu. I must assume their knowledge of medicine is greatly lacking. It reminds me of my father thinking that by drinking alcohol, he was medicating himself against getting a cold. The fact that it was a weekend, he sat around resting and was very relaxed would have done the same thing; but he insisted that the booze helped. He always got better, so how could we argue effectively? The mind is a powerful medication!

My second thought is that this is far more serious in Mexico--are they boycotting their pigs, too? I get the feeling we only get a fraction of the news. How about a nice pork loin for dinner on Sunday? I bet they will be on sale!

No comments: